Summary of Position
The Mechanic is responsible and accountable for maintaining and inspecting the automatic pin-setting, ball-return machinery, and other mechanical and electrical equipment of the facility. This includes supervising and training employees involved in maintenance of equipment. These pieces of equipment typically have many moving parts, and it is up to the mechanic to ensure that necessary cleaning and lubrication of machine parts takes place and is logged. Additionally, the mechanic must troubleshoot and resolve any problems in an efficient manner. At smaller locations the Mechanic will help to keep FatCats running cleanly and smoothly, free from clutter, and safe.
FatCats Mission and Values and the essential responsibilities of the Mechanic are listed below in the following key areas:
FatCats Mission Statement
"We create experiences that bring you back!"
FatCats Values- PRIDE
P – Passionate- "I am enthusiastic"
R - Respect- "I respect myself and others"
I - Integrity- "I do the right thing"
D - Disciplined- "I strive for excellence"
E - Empowered- "I create an exceptional experience for our guests"
Total Customer Satisfaction
• Ensures that the facility they are assigned to consistently delivers the highest quality service possible, and that our customer's experience while visiting their location provides total satisfaction.
• All activities and decisions are completely focused on and driven by the customer's needs. Models and creates an environment in which the customer is always right.
• Demonstrate and ensure consistent customer satisfaction.
• Provides regular feedback to their management and team members on areas that need improvement. Ensures that they are using appropriate monitoring tools. Utilizing side work and cleaning charts.
• Employees will be trained, motivated, and empowered to deliver total customer satisfaction. Employees demonstrate a high level of service to our customers. Provides training, coaching, and feedback in any areas that are below standard.
• Ensures their station is neat, clean, and organized. Makes sure that the use of systems and procedures maintain the company standards.
Proven Process - Mandatory Daily Practice for All Employees
• Grounds'build up to the entrance: Clean and Tidy.
• Entrance'walking in FatCats: Clean, Clear, and Inviting.
• Greeting/Eye contact'within 10 feet of guest entrance: Positive and Professional Greeting.
• Intro/Information Interaction'mindshare (InMoment), CityGro: Engage the customer. Is there a special event/occasion?
• Make a Sale'Family Special, Thunder Alley/All Specials
• Shoes and Directions to lanes'Bar, Snack Bar, Bathroom etc.: Maintain positive interaction.
• Customer Check-In'between 3rd and 5th frame, check-in on customer experience. Opportunity: 2nd MindShare Prompt with a token incentive.
• End of Game'return bowling balls, bowling shoe return, give free arcade and gaming tokens for the kids, and make sure that the customer receives a mindshare card.
• Thank the guest and invite them to come back again.
• Follows and administers safety procedures. This includes maintaining safe working environment, training maintenance personnel of potential work hazards and strategies to work safely with all equipment, and communicates safety concerns with management.
• Maintains and repairs:
• Do preventive maintenance as scheduled and repairs as needed.
• Maintain a frames per stop log and record all pinsetter stops.
• Make sure shop, back aisle and tools are clean and organized.
• Maintain parts inventory and order as needed.
• Do preventive maintenance on scoring equipment.
• Make repairs as needed to scoring equipment.
• Make schedule for all maintenance personnel.
• Make sure all lanes meet U.S.B.C. (ABC/WIBC) standards.
• Make any adjustments to lanes or lane conditions to meet above standards.
• Keep lane machine in top condition by doing the preventive maintenance at least as scheduled.
• Maintain a fair and legal scoring condition.
• Repair and adjust foul lights as needed.
• Ability to process information/merchandise through computer system and POS register system.
• Ability to communicate with associates and guests.
• Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
• Ability to freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, stock area, and register area.
• Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store.
• Ability to climb ladders.
• Ability to move or handle merchandise throughout the store generally weighing 20 pounds.
• Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
• Repetitive motions: substantial movements (motion) of the wrists, hands, and fingers.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
this is a part time position. Days and hours of work vary Monday through Sunday, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 am.
Preferred Education and Experience
A high school diploma or equivalent. Must be 18 years of age