Summary of Position
A Porter keep businesses running cleanly and smoothly, free from clutter, and safe. The primary responsibilities of the Porter involve the upkeep of the property in order to enhance and maintain its curb appeal. The Porter is the person cleaning up the lanes, getting dead balls, dead wood, fixing scores and just about anything else that needs to be done on the customer side of the lanes.
FatCats Mission and Values and the essential responsibilities of the Porter are listed below in the following key areas:
FatCats Mission Statement
"We create experiences that bring you back!"
FatCats Values- PRIDE
P – Passionate- "I am enthusiastic"
R - Respect- "I respect myself and others"
I - Integrity- "I do the right thing"
D - Disciplined- "I strive for excellence"
E - Empowered- "I create an exceptional experience for our guests"
Total Customer Satisfaction
• Ensures that the facility they are assigned to consistently delivers the highest quality service possible, and that our customer's experience while visiting their location provides total satisfaction.
• All activities and decisions are completely focused on and driven by the customer's needs. Models and creates an environment in which the customer is always right.
• Demonstrate and ensure consistent customer satisfaction.
• Provides regular feedback to their management and team members on areas that need improvement. Ensures that they are using appropriate monitoring tools. Utilizing side work and cleaning charts.
• Employees will be trained, motivated, and empowered to deliver total customer satisfaction. Employees demonstrate a high level of service to our customers. Provides training, coaching, and feedback in any areas that are below standard.
• Ensures their station is neat, clean, and organized. Makes sure that the use of systems and procedures maintain the company standards.
Proven Process - Mandatory Daily Practice for All Employees
• Grounds - build up to the entrance: Clean and Tidy.
• Entrance - walking in FatCats: Clean, Clear, and Inviting.
• Greeting/Eye contact'within 10 feet of guest entrance: Positive and Professional Greeting.
• Intro/Information Interaction'mindshare (InMoment), CityGro: Engage the customer. Is there a special event/occasion?
• Make a Sale - Family Special, Thunder Alley/All Specials
• Shoes and Directions to lanes - Bar, Snack Bar, Bathroom etc.: Maintain positive interaction.
• Customer Check-In'between 3rd and 5th frame, check-in on customer experience. Opportunity: 2nd MindShare Prompt with a token incentive.
• End of Game'return bowling balls, bowling shoe return, give free arcade and gaming tokens for the kids, and make sure that the customer receives a mindshare card.
• Thank the guest and invite them to come back again.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Greet and serve guests.
• Take the guest order- advise them on food menu options.
• Serve the guests as quickly as possible.
• Check on the guest periodically.
• Pre-buss tables.
• Sweep floors, pick-up trash.
• Fill the ice bins.
• Sweep, mop, and clean counter tops or any other cleaning.
• Organize various clutter.
• Clean the windows.
• Take out the trash.
• Keep the restrooms clean.
• Interpersonal Skills: Many porters work during regular office hours, while company employees are working. Being friendly and pleasant will help you in your job.
• Mechanical Skills: Porters need to understand how to work industrial equipment like floor buffers, industrial floor washers, and fix small building problems, like leaky faucets or faulty light switches.
• Strength and Stamina: You will need to lift heavy objects and spend most of your time on your feet.
• Extend a welcoming greeting to all guests providing friendly assistance regarding the bowling facility
• Ensure the venue is properly clean and supplies are stocked for every shift
• Conduct regular, frequent, restroom checks
• Complete all cleaning and facilities maintenance assignments
• Set up and break down the venue for all parties and events
• React with a sense of urgency to all requests
• Help servers maintain lane and table cleanliness
• Remain present in pre assigned area of the property
• Properly utilize chemicals in adherence with Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
• Maintain equipment and storage areas
• Recognize and willingly assist other team members
• Communicate all guest concerns to management immediately
• Extend a friendly farewell and invite all guests back to the venue
• Additional tasks as assigned by management throughout the venue
• Ability to process information/merchandise through computer system and POS register system.
• Ability to communicate with associates and guests.
• Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
• Ability to freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, stock area, and register area.
• Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store.
• Ability to climb ladders.
• Ability to move or handle merchandise throughout the store generally weighing 20 pounds.
• Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
this is a part time weekend's required position. Days and hours of work vary Monday through Sunday, 10:00 a.m. to 12 a.m. ( please apply if able to work weekends)
Preferred Education and Experience
None Will Train must be a people person