Summary of Position
The Head Cook prepares and cooks meals with high-integrity standards and maintains inventory control. The head cook is responsible for preparing and/or directing the preparation of food to be served, complying with all applicable sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. The cook is responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste and fraud.
FatCats Mission and Values and the essential responsibilities of the Head Cook are listed below in the following key areas:
FatCats Mission Statement
"We create experiences that bring you back!"
FatCats Values- PRIDE
P – Passionate- "I am enthusiastic"
R - Respect- "I respect myself and others"
I - Integrity- "I do the right thing"
D - Disciplined- "I strive for excellence"
E - Empowered- "I create an exceptional experience for our guests"
Total Customer Satisfaction
• Ensures that the facility they are assigned to consistently delivers the highest quality service possible, and that our customer's experience while visiting their location provides total satisfaction.
• All activities and decisions are completely focused on and driven by the customer's needs. Models and creates an environment in which the customer is always right.
• Demonstrate and ensure consistent customer satisfaction.
• Evaluates their stations quality standards. Provides regular feedback and to their management and team members on areas that need improvement. Ensures that they are using appropriate monitoring tools. Utilizing side work and cleaning charts.
• Employees will be trained, motivated, and empowered to deliver total customer satisfaction. Employees demonstrate a high level of service to our customers. Provides training, coaching, and feedback in any areas that are below standard.
• Ensures their station is neat, clean, and organized. Makes sure that the use of systems and procedures maintain the company standards.
• Communicates all customer comments and concerns to the appropriate team members and follows up to ensure that comments are handled in a timely and effective manner.
• Proven Process'Mandatory Daily Practice for All Employees
• Grounds'build up to the entrance: Clean and Tidy.
• Entrance'walking in FatCats: Clean, Clear, and Inviting.
• Greeting/Eye contact'within 10 feet of guest entrance: Positive and Professional Greeting.
• Intro/Information Interaction'mindshare (InMoment), CityGro: Engage the customer. Is there a special event/occasion?
• Make a Sale'Family Special, Thunder Alley/All Specials
• Shoes and Directions to lanes'Bar, Snack Bar, Bathroom etc.: Maintain positive interaction.
• Customer Check-In'between 3rd and 5th frame, check-in on customer experience. Opportunity: 2nd MindShare Prompt with a token incentive.
• End of Game'return bowling balls, bowling shoe return, give free arcade and gaming tokens for the kids, and make sure that the customer receives a mindshare card.
• Thank the guest and invite them to come back again.
• Prepares food served using established production procedures and systems.
• Serves or ensures proper serving of food.
• Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene and health standards.
• Observes proper food preparation and handling techniques.
• Stores food properly and safely, marking the date and item.
• Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisor.
• Correctly prepares all food served following standard recipes and special diet orders.
• Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
• Apportions food for serving
• Keeps work area neat and clean at all times.
• Cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation.
• Completes food temperature checks before service.
• Completes on the job safety training.
• Collaboration Skills.
• Customer/Client Focus.
• Stress Management/Composure.
This job operates in a kitchen environment, housed with equipment such as an oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer and chef's knives. The employee is frequently exposed to heat, steam, fire and noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less. The position requires manual dexterity, auditory and visual skills, and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part time to fulltime position. Days and hours of work vary Monday through Sunday, 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 am.
Required Education and Experience
Prior experience in a related food service position.
Preferred Education and Experience
A high school diploma or equivalent. (High school students can apply)