Summary of Position
As a bartender, you must be friendly, outgoing and possess good communication skills. A guest's dinner and/or bar experience should be equally enjoyable and you play a major role in the overall picture. Remember, consistency is a key element in a positive experience. We achieve this by always following recipes. Your individual personality should shine through – use it to your advantage. You should be organized, able to think and act quickly and effectively while retaining self-composure. Be guest sensitive and possess a sense of timing. Take pride in personal appearance and show dedication to your job. Display integrity and honesty in all aspects of your employment.
FatCats Mission and Values and the essential responsibilities of the Bartender are listed below in the following key areas:
FatCats Mission Statement
"We create experiences that bring you back!"
FatCats Values- PRIDE
P – Passionate- "I am enthusiastic"
R - Respect- "I respect myself and others"
I - Integrity- "I do the right thing"
D - Disciplined- "I strive for excellence"
E - Empowered- "I create an exceptional experience for our guests"
Total Customer Satisfaction
- Ensures that the facility they are assigned to consistently delivers the highest quality service possible, and that our customer's experience while visiting their location provides total satisfaction.
- All activities and decisions are completely focused on and driven by the customer's needs. Models and creates an environment in which the customer is always right.
- Demonstrate and ensure consistent customer satisfaction.
- Provides regular feedback to their management and team members on areas that need improvement. Ensures that they are using appropriate monitoring tools. Utilizing side work and cleaning charts.
- Employees will be trained, motivated, and empowered to deliver total customer satisfaction. Employees demonstrate a high level of service to our customers. Provides training, coaching, and feedback in any areas that are below standard.
- Ensures their station is neat, clean, and organized. Makes sure that the use of systems and procedures maintain the company standards.
Proven Process--Mandatory Daily Practice for All Employees
- Grounds - build up to the entrance: Clean and Tidy.
- Entrance - walking in FatCats: Clean, Clear, and Inviting.
- Greeting/Eye contact - within 10 feet of guest entrance: Positive and Professional Greeting.
- Intro/Information Interaction - mindshare (InMoment), CityGro: Engage the customer. Is there a special event/occasion?
- Make a Sale - Family Special, Thunder Alley/All Specials
- Shoes and Directions to lanes - Bar, Snack Bar, Bathroom etc.: Maintain positive interaction.
- Customer Check-Inbetween 3rd and 5th frame, check-in on customer experience. Opportunity: 2nd MindShare Prompt with a token incentive.
- End of Game - return bowling balls, bowling shoe return, give free arcade and gaming tokens for the kids, and make sure that the customer receives a mindshare card.
- Thank the guest and invite them to come back again.
- Greet and Serve customers.
- Check all customers IDs – ensuring all patrons are 21 years of age and older.
- Legally able to serve alcohol (i.e. TIPS program).
- Abides by all Utah Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (DABC) regulations.
- Know which beers are available for consumption.
- Keep work space clean and well stocked, track all inventory.
- Clean-up the bar at end of shift- sweep, mop, and wipe down counters.
- Responsible for till- ringing up all drinks into the cash register.
- Monitor all customers- making sure to not over serve customers when they have "had enough".
- Ability to process information/merchandise through computer system and POS register system.
- Ability to communicate with associates and guests.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to move or handle merchandise throughout the store generally weighing 20 pounds.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a fulltime position. Days and hours of work vary Monday through Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Preferred Education and Experience
A high school diploma or equivalent.