Summary of Position
Taking the Lead to "We create experiences that bring you back" is the first important role of a Shift Lead at FatCats Fun Centers. He or she manages shift operations, including customer satisfaction, scheduling staffing requirements, team building, cleanliness, standards of operation for safety and labor costs.
The Shift Lead assists the Assistant General Manager to ensure that all employees within their supervision are performing their job responsibilities and meeting company expectations in all areas of their job descriptions.
This is accomplished by focusing on FatCats Mission and Values:
FatCats Mission Statement
"We create experiences that bring you back!"
FatCats Values- PRIDE
P - Passionate. "I am enthusiastic"
R - Respect- "I respect myself and others"
I - Integrity- "I do the right thing"
D - Disciplined- "I strive for excellence"
E - Empowered- "I create an exceptional experience for our guests"
Total Customer Satisfaction
- Ensures that the facility they are assigned to consistently delivers the highest quality service possible, and that our customer's experience while visiting their location provides total satisfaction.
- All activities and decisions are completely focused on and driven by the customer's needs.
- Demonstrate and ensure consistent customer satisfaction. Drives our In Moment/Mindshare Programs.
- Provides regular feedback to their management and team members on areas that need improvement. Ensures that they are using appropriate monitoring tools. Utilizing side work and cleaning charts.
- Employees will be trained, motivated, and empowered to deliver total customer satisfaction. Employees demonstrate a high level of service to our customers. Provides training, coaching, and feedback in any areas that are below standard.
- Ensures their station is neat, clean, and organized. Makes sure that the use of systems and procedures maintain the company standards.
- Keep team members on tasks and on purpose during shifts.
Proven Process - Mandatory Daily Practice for All Employees
- Grounds - build up to the entrance: Clean and Tidy.
- Entrance - walking in FatCats: Clean, Clear, and Inviting.
- Greeting/Eye contact - within 10 feet of guest entrance: Positive and Professional Greeting.
- Intro/Information Interaction - mindshare (InMoment), CityGro: Engage the customer. Is there a special event/occasion?
- Make a Sale - Family Special, Thunder Alley/All Specials
- Shoes and Directions to lanes - Bar, Snack Bar, Bathroom etc.: Maintain positive interaction.
- Customer Check-Inbetween 3rd and 5th frame, check-in on customer experience. Opportunity: 2nd MindShare Prompt with a token incentive.
- End of Game - return bowling balls, bowling shoe return, give free arcade and gaming tokens for the kids, and make sure that the customer receives a mindshare card.
- Thank the guest and invite them to come back again.
- Assist Assistant Manager in developing and encouraging team members to maximize their personal growth and development.
- Working effectively and efficiently in a high volume setting and demonstrating an outstanding ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers, coworkers, direct reporting employees and your direct supervisor.
- Always working with safety first mindset through regular monitoring of staff and guests. Report safety concerns to management.
- Always keeping work areas clean and free of clutter: coach team members to clean-as-you-go to ensure a clean facility at all times.
- Achieving financial objectives by monitoring the performance of financial objectives during each shift worked, upsell, and meeting labor standards during shift.
- Demonstrating our core values of creating experiences that bring customers back: by being enthusiastic, integrate self-respect and respect for others, do the right thing, strive for excellence, and create an exceptional experience for our guests.
- Demonstrating leadership through example. Coach and reprimand in private in an objective and constructive manner, praise and recognize ordinary employees for doing extraordinary things.
- Defusing and resolving guest experience and employee issues in a positive, professional and timely manner.
- "We create experiences that bring you back!" by implementing a total customer satisfaction experience – Come to work with a good attitude, ready to create great experiences that keeps bringing customers back. Work with your fellow managers to develop new ways to keep bringing customers back at parties and events. Always handle any problems or difficult situations with a positive attitude.
- Leading a shift with FatCats is a team effort – The power of one is not enough to create experiences that bring customers back. Work as an energetic team, where each employee is engaged and empowered.
- Communicating, maintaining and developing client relationships.
- Provide leadership, motivation, direction, and support to your team.
- Must have reliable transportation to work.
- Able to work holidays.
- Basic computer skills: specifically Microsoft Word and Excel, and email.
- Good personal hygiene.
- Good communicator.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Good with budgets.
- Reliable and consistent with responsibilities.
- Ability to use initiative.
- The Shift Lead is regularly required to interact with the general public, team members, and children of various ages.
- The Shift Lead will be standing, walking, using hands and fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear.
- A Shift Lead is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- A Shift Lead is regularly required to lift up to 20 pounds and on occasion up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The Shift Lead is regularly exposed to water, chemicals, food, paper debris, loud noise, music, horns, bells, whistles, and other noise projected by various amusements and recreation equipment operating at FatCats Fun Centers.
- At times a Shift Lead may be exposed to outside weather conditions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time or fulltime position. Work hours can vary, 7 days a week, 10:00 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Preferred Education and Experience
A high school diploma or equivalent.