Reports to: General Manager
Supervises: The Arcade Manager oversees: operations of arcade games that maximizes sales and maximizes optimal customer experience, oversee repairs, preventative maintenance and budgetary cost controls to optimize profits, provides arcade game reporting, stays up to date on latest arcade games and presents recommendations, audits and reviews errors, losses, and shortages, and takes a proactive mindset that provides experiences to customers that keeps bringing them back for more.
FatCats Mission and Values and the essential responsibilities of the Arcade Manager position are listed below in the following key areas:
FatCats Mission Statement
"We create experiences that bring you back!"
FatCats Values- PRIDE
P - Passionate. "I am enthusiastic"
R - Respect- "I respect myself and others"
I - Integrity- "I do the right thing"
D - Disciplined- "I strive for excellence"
E - Empowered- "I create an exceptional experience for our guests"
Total Customer Satisfaction
Ensures that the facility they are assigned to consistently delivers the highest quality service possible, and that our customer's experience while visiting their location provides total satisfaction.
- All activities and decisions are completely focused on and driven by the customer's needs. Models and creates an environment in which the customer is always right.
- Hires high quality people who demonstrate and ensure consistent customer satisfaction.
- Evaluates their facility quality standards. Provides regular feedback and coaching to their team members on areas that need improvement. Ensures that appropriate monitoring tools are utilized.
- Ensures that all employees are trained, motivated, and empowered to deliver total customer satisfaction. Makes sure that all employees demonstrate a high level of service to our customers. Provides training, coaching, and feedback in any areas that are below standard.
- Ensures their facility is neat, clean, and organized. Makes sure that the use of systems and procedures maintain the company standards.
- Communicates all customer comments and concerns to the appropriate team members and follows up to ensure that comments are handled in a timely and effective manner.
Proven Process - Mandatory Daily Practice for All Employees
- Grounds'build up to the entrance: Clean and Tidy.
- Entrance'walking in FatCats: Clean, Clear, and Inviting.
- Greeting/Eye contact'within 10 feet of guest entrance: Positive and Professional Greeting.
- Intro/Information Interaction'mindshare (InMoment), CityGro: Engage the customer. Is there a special event/occasion?
- Make a Sale'Family Special, Thunder Alley/All Specials
- Shoes and Directions to lanes'Bar, Snack Bar, Bathroom etc.: Maintain positive interaction.
- Customer Check-In'between 3rd and 5th frame, check-in on customer experience. Opportunity: 2nd MindShare Prompt with a token incentive.
- End of Game'return bowling balls, bowling shoe return, give free arcade and gaming tokens for the kids, and make sure that the customer receives a mindshare card.
- Thank the guest and invite them to come back again.
Training and Development
- Continuously works to improve the skills, knowledge, and moral of all employees within their supervision. Ensure all employees receive the necessary training and support to perform their duties to their full potential.
- Treats all employees with dignity and respect; creates an environment where the entire FatCats team does the same.
- Ensures that all team members within their facility receive appropriate orientation, training, and development opportunities.
- Prepares qualified employees for promotion to the next position. Continually develops adequate numbers of management to meet FatCats objectives.
- Seeks development and growth opportunities for personal improvement.
- Trains, coaches, and provides regular performance feedback (both positive and corrective) to motivate and improve the performance of all employees.
- Evaluates the overall performance of each employee based upon clearly communicated standards and expectations.
- Communicates and supports company goals, decisions, and directives. Follows up to ensure understanding.
- Makes tough decisions regarding all performance issues. Confronts poor performance and takes corrective action. Holds employees accountable for performance.
- Provides appropriate and effective counseling and/or discipline. Maintains proper documentation for all disciplinary situations.
- Makes a continuous effort to maintain a fun and enjoyable working experience.
- Provides effective training and follow-up of new products, programs, and changes.
- Actively recruits members for FatCats staff. Matches the skills and abilities of management to the needs of the facility to maximize results.
- Utilizes effective leadership skills to maximize the performance of the FatCats team.
Effective Business Management
- Works to maximize the financial performance and profits of the facility under their supervision.
- Provides input in the development of FatCats business plan. Supports the execution of the business plan (key elements include financial responsibilities, manpower planning, and local restaurant marketing) to attain results.
- Analyzes FatCats performance and initiates appropriate corrective actions in conjunction with the General Manager when deviations occur from expectations.
- Effectively utilizes available systems, procedures, and technology to meet business objectives.
- Makes appropriate business decisions independently.
- Meets long and short term employee staffing needs for their facility.
- Supports company-wide marketing programs and evaluates local competitors marketing opportunities. Works with the GM to maximize sales.
- Utilizes effective time management, organization, planning, communication, delegation, and follow up to achieve results.
- Appropriately handles all interpersonal contacts in a positive and professional manner.
Appropriate and Fair Business Practices
- Ensures that business and personnel practices are within the law and consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Serves as a role model and sets a positive example for the entire team in all aspects of business and personnel management.
- Holds employees and self-accountable for the methods and processes used to achieve results.
- Ensures the compliance with equal opportunity employment, non-discrimination, and ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) laws.
- Monitors procedures to ensure the safety and security of all employees, customers, and company assets (building, cash, equipment and supplies).
- Upholds company safety standards, cash handling, and maintenance requirements to ensure the health and safety of our customers and employees.
Ideal applicants should possess a high school diploma or equivalent and have one plus years in managing an arcade or food/restaurant establishment, be mechanically/technically skilled, be computer literate, and have excellent communication skills. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Skilled at amusement game repair
- Work with vendors for products and parts that are essential to the arcade
- Proven ability to increase sales & stay within budgets
- Cash & inventory control
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Work weekends and holidays
- Must have a telephone or other reliable means of communicating with all employees. Must be accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Maintains an open door policy with all employees.
- Basic knowledge of computers and electrical currents.
- Financial/analytical aptitude including planning, budgeting, scheduling, and P&L management.
- Good presentation skills.
- Organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Ability to facilitate problem solving.
- Ability to achieve and maintain desired results.
- High sense of urgency; self-motivator.
- High level of team building skills.
- Ability to work the hours necessary to manage and operate the business effectively. Able to work a minimum of 50 hours per week.
- Ability to visually observe the facilities operations and employee work performance.
Store managers work a 5-day work week, which includes Friday evenings, Saturday day or night shift.
Our Manager Trainee Program trains and develops newly-hired managers to become "all out fun makers." An intense training period of 30 days is followed by a written test. Once the test is passed and the Training Manager has evaluated the Manager Trainee, the Trainee is eligible to manage his/her own arcade.